BESt Student Coordinator
BESt Student Coordinator
· Student Coordinator Application Due Date: Friday, February 24
· Student Coordinator Interviews: Week of February 27
· Student Coordinator Selection Notification: Week of March 10
· Student Coordinator and Program Planning: There will be one training session in March. Additional training sessions start in May & June. Specific days and times will be sent at a later date and will not interfere with the school schedule.
· BESt Program: Tuesday, June 20 – Friday, July 14
· Program Orientation: TBD. Typically takes place just prior to the start of the program.
· Program Graduation: Saturday, July 15
· Abide by and enforce BESt Program and applicable UHSP Student Code/Residence Hall policies including strictly enforcing the program curfew and visitation rules listed in the Code of Conduct.
· Ensure BESt students get to and have materials for classes, meals, and get to field trips and other activities safely and in a professional manner.
· Ensure that BESt students are not in areas of the UHSP campus that are not designated for the BESt program.
· Serve as a resource to all BESt students in the core areas of the curriculum: health professions, case competition, ACT, and positive relationships (communication and interpersonal skills).
· Support planning and execution of program projects including orientation, graduation, field trips, fun activities, etc.
· Work assigned student coordinator shifts including staying overnight on the weekends and/or holidays to assist with the college student residents in the program. This includes being on campus before students move-in and remain after students have moved out for administrative duties.
· Assist during all building opening and closing periods.
· Actively build community in a variety of ways: planning activities, creating engaging floor decorations and bulletin boards, connecting residents, etc.
· Help students have a fun and positively memorable experience during the program. Duties include, but are not limited to, planning fun activities, planning teambuilding activities, and mentoring students.
· Attend training sessions, staff and one-on-one meetings with BESt Program Directors, Program Instructors, and UHSP administrators
· Other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION: You will receive a stipend in the amount of $2,400 plus room and board. Student coordinators are responsible for their own food when BESt is not in session. However, Student coordinators can partake in all BESt program meals.
GPA REQUIREMENTS: You must have and maintain a cumulative 2.7 G.P.A.
EXTERNAL INVOLVEMENT RESTRICTIONS: The student coordinator position requires a significant time commitment. To ensure a student coordinator has adequate time to devote to the position, it is necessary to restrict external activities, including other jobs and extracurricular activities. Student coordinators can work other jobs on Fridays (after 5pm), Saturdays, and Sundays.
TRAINING: If you are hired as a student coordinator, you will be expected to attend MANDATORY training sessions prior to the start of the program. Additional training sessions may be required throughout the program. The dates of training are to be determined.
RESIGNATION OR TERMINATION: If you should resign or be terminated from the TMRA position, you will be required to repay the stipend up to $2,400 and lose your housing benefits beginning at the point of said resignation or termination.